Thursday, November 15, 2012

And Now, A Word on Gifts and Giving

Never make reciprocation
 a condition for giving.

"A gift will 
come back to you 
on its own."


Ha. I call bull.

Send me presents! I love presents.

(AIEEEEEE!  The second I typed that, a spider crawled up my arm, right on the tender, white, vulnerable underside of my arm! If you know me, you'll know I have a deep, abiding spider phobia, but that would have made anyone jump out of their chairs.)

Okay, Universe. Got the message.

I take back everything I said.

Giving good. No reciprocity. Got it.

I don't like it when the universe slaps me upside the head like that.

Or tickles me under the arm.

(Shudder.) Off to find my heart. I think it leaped out of my chest, crawled under my desk and is cowering behind my slippers.

4 comments:

Debby said...

LOL. You slay me. So let me get this straight. In an attempt to appease the spider, you're skipping Christmas gifts? Is that it?

A Novel Woman said...

Yes, this is the message the universe is sending me.

Debby said...

I would not cancel Christmas for a spider. You're bigger than it is and it can be stomped. (If it IS bigger than you, you should cancel Christmas, though.)

A Novel Woman said...

It's not the size of the spider, it's the size of the fight in the spider. Some of them are muscular little bastards. Eesh, I'd rather not think about it.