Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Graffiti, like it or loathe it

I don't like graffiti as a rule, but I love it as a side dish. No seriously, it's wrong, and not respectful of other people's property, and wrong. However I do like cleverness. So I'm torn between laughing at these and feeling Very Guilty about it.

I remember the toilet stalls at the university library provided the best ongoing dialogue of current affairs out there. There were debates that went on for, well, walls and walls, at least until the cleaning staff gave it a good scrub. But then like magic, another debate would begin under the coat hook or above the toilet paper.

One began "My mother made me a homosexual!"

Underneath someone wrote "If I buy her the wool, will she make me one too?"

(Don't forget, this was the 70s in Toronto, so coming out was a big deal.)

So imagine my delight when The Bloggess posted a link to photos with some pretty funny responses to graffiti.

If you want to see them, just point your little mousie HERE and press go.

And then of course, I ended up at sarcastic additions to well-meaning signs.


For the rest of those, direct your little mousie HERE.

6 comments:

Deborah Small said...

LOL! I love the hand dryer. Too funny. :)

Diane T. said...

I love the hand dryer, too. I couldn't stop laughing out loud. I'm sure my kids thought I'd finally lost it completely.

A Novel Woman said...

The longer you look at it, the funnier it gets.

Diane T. said...

So true! I showed my 13-year-old and then I couldn't stop laughing all over again. He definitely thought I'd lost it...

Rachel Chesnutt Blasdell said...

I ended up also looking at the rather disturbing halloween pumpkins and discovering where my son got the idea for the flasher jack o'lantern he carved this year. We placed it on top of my neighbor Sally's trash can and positioned the trash can in the center of her driveway where she would see it as soon as she got home. Teach her to miss our annual pumpkin carving party.

(She called us immediately laughing hysterically when she got home.)

A Novel Woman said...

Rachel, I love that story! We made a rude snowman once. And by "we" I mean me.