Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pre-Christmas Blitz

"Blitz" seems like an odd choice of words to use in conjunction with Christmas, seeing as it means "an intensive attack" but that's really what I'm all about these days. Has anyone noticed my absence?

Shopping, wrapping, mailing packages and cards and in the midst of it all, shoveling the driveway of heavy snow, schlepping "kids" to and fro, tidying the house (a losing battle if ever there was one) and baking. Well, I have shortbreads, chocolate truffles and our usual family standards to get to, but by and by. Not today.

Right now, I've got B.B. King's fabulous Christmas collection playing, the lights on the tree are twinkling, my husband is due home any minute from his trip to Arizona and I am going to help myself to a big piece of panettone along with a cup of chai tea, so all is right with the world.

How about you? Anyone finished their Christmas shopping yet?

7 comments:

kathy said...

Hi Pam,
I just-JUST finished baking my Christmas cookies as of this afternoon and will put them in tins tomorrow.
I will be bringing some over for you and your little cubs later on this week.
As for shopping...down to the Platz on Thursday.
I love your photo of the forest and the Budster.
KDTR xo

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of your dog!

Debby said...

Let me check my to-do list.

Christmas shopping? No check.

Tree? No check

Nativity? No check.

Christmas Village? No check.

Wrapping? Refer to number one.

Baking? No check.

See where I'm going with this? Day after tomorrow = last day of finals. I have a date with a bottle of wine Wednesday PM. I will work Thursday AM. And then Friday, I'll get started on things.

A Novel Woman said...

KDTR, you are an inspiration! Youngest Cub due home tonight!!

Linda, don't tell him he's a dog.

Debby, you are my new BFF.

Rachel Chesnutt Blasdell said...

Um, no. Tonight I found a present for my mom. But nothing for anyone else aside from a few stocking stuffers. And I have to have gifts bought and wrapped for my siblings and their family members by this Friday when we head down to Rockport for our annual gathering. Thank heavens we draw names. However, I do already have my Christmas present. A shiny, new red Mini Cooper. A girl's got to keep her priorities straight.

Susannah Woodbury said...

Your post brings the true essence of Christmas! I haven't experienced any of it myself this year, hopefully next!
Susannah from thenglishtutor.blogspot.com

A Novel Woman said...

Rachel, a red Mini Cooper?! You win.

Susannah, I think it's so easy to lose sight of Christmas when we let the retailers take over our lives.

I watched a shoving match in a store lineup today. Crazy.